World ARC 2023, Leg 10
Lombok, Malaysia, Langkawi, Phuket (Thailand)
October 2023, 1,600nm
For this leg we have plenty of time to continue our exploration of the Indonesian islands with beautiful stops and local harbours before clearing out from Batam opposite Singapore harbour - a day trip is possible. From then on it’s up the Mallaca straights (once known for piracy, it has been completely safe for many years) before making our way up to Malaysia. We may pop into the mainland but our main focus will be the islands. We will stop at the island of Penang with its colonial capital, national parks, and an incredible street food market – Malaysian cuisine is colourful and delicious and the markets are the way to try it.
Next up Langkawi. This beautiful island offers lovely anchorages and swimming as well as nice hikes and waterfalls inland. Our final destination will be Phuket in Thailand and a quick tour of Krabi Bay - we spent 6 months of refit here in 2015 and we will be very happy to revisit some of our favourite places.
Read about our previous experiences on this leg on our 2017 blog.
All dates subject to confirmation. Discounts available for multiple legs. Deposit of 25% due on booking, final balance due 4 months prior to joining.
- Qualified and experienced skipper and first mate.
- Fully coded yacht, licensed to charter anywhere in the world.
- Full Category A medical kit.
- Entry cost to the World ARC.
- Organised tours, parties and events by WCC.
- All onboard expenses.
- Onboard food and drinks.
- Satellite tracking, blogs and photos sent whilst at sea.
- Tuition and guidance from two Ocean Yachtmasters.
- Use of sextant and navigation tables.
- All safety equipment.
What's not included:
- Flights and transfers.
- Meals ashore.
- WCC crew fees (£150 per leg).
- Personal visas (if required).
- Personal insurance.