World ARC 2023, Leg 7
Vanuatu cruise, Airlie Beach (Australia)
July – August 2023, 1,320nm
Starting from Port Vila on the island of Efate in Vanuatu we will explore this island before heading north to explore the other islands of Epi, Ambrym, Pentecost and Porto Santo. There are pretty bays and anchorages, interesting dive sites of World War 2 relics and wrecks, lovely beaches, fantastic local restaurants with fresh fish and crabs and the hike to the volcano on Ambrym is an unforgettable experience. Looking into the heart of the earth seeing the boiling cauldron of lava is truly awe-inspiring.
After Vanuatu we will set sail on a 7 day tradewind passage to Australia, coming in through the Great Barrier Reef to make landfall in Mackay. A little while to enjoy some civilization here will be followed by a wonderful cruise up through the Whitsunday Islands. These picturesque islands offer lovely walks with spectacular views, scenic anchorages and wildlife in abundance. We finish this leg in Airlie Beach on the mainland – a bustling little town where it is easy to fly out from the local airport of Prosperpine.
Read about our previous experiences on this leg on our 2017 blog.
All dates subject to confirmation. Discounts available for multiple legs. Deposit of 25% due on booking, final balance due 4 months prior to joining.
- Qualified and experienced skipper and first mate.
- Fully coded yacht, licensed to charter anywhere in the world.
- Full Category A medical kit.
- Entry cost to the World ARC.
- Organised tours, parties and events by WCC.
- All onboard expenses.
- Onboard food and drinks.
- Satellite tracking, blogs and photos sent whilst at sea.
- Tuition and guidance from two Ocean Yachtmasters.
- Use of sextant and navigation tables.
- All safety equipment.
What's not included:
- Flights and transfers.
- Meals ashore.
- WCC crew fees (£150 per leg).
- Personal visas (if required).
- Personal insurance.